CSL 1.0.1 locale query re: fr-FR

fbennett
This is one for Gracile:

Two small questions about the fr-FR locale following the CSL 1.0.1 upgrade:

(1) I had set the "in" term to "dans" locally. Apparently the string
in the distributed fr-FR locale "in" has always been "in". Which
string is correct?

(2) The string for page-range-delimiter was previously a plain hyphen
("-"). Following the upgrade, it is now an en-dash ("–"). I think
hyphen is correct?

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> (1) I had set the "in" term to "dans" locally. Apparently the string
>> in the distributed fr-FR locale "in" has always been "in". Which
>> string is correct?
>

> See
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/23120/bibliography-langague-in-word/?Focus=124286#Comment_124286
>
> (Canadian French is "dans", France French is "in")

Ha. Who'da thunk it.

>> (2) The string for page-range-delimiter was previously a plain hyphen
>> ("-"). Following the upgrade, it is now an en-dash ("–"). I think
>> hyphen is correct?
>

> Yes. See
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5915/automatically-choose-whether-hyphen-en-dash-or-em-dash-should-be-used/?Focus=116772#Comment_116772
>
> Rintze

I had no idea there was a non-breaking hyphen, and I'd completely
forgotten that I covered this with a workaround. I'll file a pull
request for fr-FR and fr-CA.

G C

Re: CSL 1.0.1 locale query re: fr-FR

G C
What Rintze said... He's an expert in French language now. ;-)

> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 22:10:12 -0400
> From: Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]>

> Subject: Re: [xbiblio-devel] CSL 1.0.1 locale query re: fr-FR
> To: development discussion for xbiblio
> <[hidden email]>
>
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > (1) I had set the "in" term to "dans" locally. Apparently the string
> > in the distributed fr-FR locale "in" has always been "in". Which
> > string is correct?
> >

> See
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/23120/bibliography-langague-in-word/?Focus=124286#Comment_124286
>
> (Canadian French is "dans", France French is "in")
>

> > (2) The string for page-range-delimiter was previously a plain hyphen
> > ("-"). Following the upgrade, it is now an en-dash ("?"). I think
> > hyphen is correct?
> >

> Yes. See
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5915/automatically-choose-whether-hyphen-en-dash-or-em-dash-should-be-used/?Focus=116772#Comment_116772

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> Live Security Virtual Conference

> End of xbiblio-devel Digest, Vol 74, Issue 3

Re: CSL 1.0.1 locale query re: fr-FR

Oui.