CSL and NLM XML

Ian Mulvany-2
Hi,

Are there any stylesheets available for converting NLM reference tags
to a format that can be processed by citeproc?

We are working on the production system for eLife:
http://www.elifesciences.org/ and we have to pick our tagging set for
our article XML, I want to make
it as easy as possible for our article XML to interoperate with CSL.

We are currently deciding between element-citation or mixed-citation

http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/n-5332.html#tag-citation

Thanks,

- Ian

Re: CSL and NLM XML

Bruce D'Arcus-3
So ....

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ian Mulvany <[hidden email]> wrote:

... beyond this ...

> Are there any stylesheets available for converting NLM reference tags
> to a format that can be processed by citeproc?

... is your question which of the below is most consistent with the
CSL data model?

Bruce

> We are currently deciding between element-citation or mixed-citation
>
> http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/n-5332.html#tag-citation
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Ian

Re: CSL and NLM XML

Ian Mulvany-2
I think so yes. Given that nlm xml is going to end up, in all
probability, being the most common archive format for academic
articles, it would be good to know how to make the references in that
model work well with the CSL model.

I don't currently know of any tools for conversion.

- Ian