Custom CSL validator

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
Hi all,

Currently on my wishlist is a customized front-end for Validator.nu.
I'm aware that Simon built a custom CSL validator a while back (
http://simonster.github.io/csl-validator.js/ ), but I like the
interface and flexibility of Validator.nu (and the Jing XML validator)
a little better. However, there are a lot of presets and validation
warnings that could be hidden from our users. Since Validator.nu has a
RESTful API, I'm imagining a custom front-end shouldn't be too hard to
develop.

Since I'm rather worthless when it comes to coding, I wrote up my
thoughts at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/ (along with a
mockup), and put up a call for help on the citationstyles.org
frontpage. If anybody here is interested in this side project, let me
know.

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flow-based real-time traffic analytics software. Cisco certified tool.
Monitor traffic, SLAs, QoS, Medianet, WAAS etc. with NetFlow Analyzer
Customize your own dashboards, set traffic alerts and generate reports.
Network behavioral analysis & security monitoring. All-in-one tool.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=126839071&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
Hi all,

I managed to create a custom front-end for Validator.nu, currently
available at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/. The code lives at
https://github.com/rmzelle/csl-validator/. My original post, in which
I outlined the design, moved to
http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator-frontend/.

It works pretty well in my hands, and has several advantages:

- the CSL schema version can now be easily selected via a drop-down menu
- the necessary options for validator.nu are preselected and hidden,
reducing user confusion and visual clutter
- irrelevant validation warnings are now hidden
- validation now includes the extracted Schematron schema rules from
the CSL 1.0/1.0.1 schema, which catches calls to undefined macros

I used the Validator.nu REST API
(http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Validator.nu_Web_Service_Interface),
Bootstrap, JQuery and Prism (for syntax highlighting).

If everybody is happy with it, I would eventually like to move the
code to the "citation-style-language" GitHub organization, and make it
available at validator.citationstyles.org.

The only drawback I'm aware off are two layout/CSS issues with the
Prism library, documented at
https://github.com/LeaVerou/prism/issues/324 . If anyone has any ideas
how to solve them, or knows of a better syntax highlighter that
supports both line numbering and line highlighting, please let me
know.

Rintze

P.S. The last webpage I hand-coded was after I read a book on HTML 3.2
in the late nineties. Things sure have become more interesting in the
past decade or two.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently on my wishlist is a customized front-end for Validator.nu.
> I'm aware that Simon built a custom CSL validator a while back (
> http://simonster.github.io/csl-validator.js/ ), but I like the
> interface and flexibility of Validator.nu (and the Jing XML validator)
> a little better. However, there are a lot of presets and validation
> warnings that could be hidden from our users. Since Validator.nu has a
> RESTful API, I'm imagining a custom front-end shouldn't be too hard to
> develop.
>
> Since I'm rather worthless when it comes to coding, I wrote up my
> thoughts at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/ (along with a
> mockup), and put up a call for help on the citationstyles.org
> frontpage. If anybody here is interested in this side project, let me
> know.
>
> Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

Bruce D'Arcus-3

Awesome!

One little suggestion based on a glance (will look closer later): somehow indicate which schema version is current.

Bruce

On Aug 11, 2014 11:36 PM, "Rintze Zelle" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I managed to create a custom front-end for Validator.nu, currently
available at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/. The code lives at
https://github.com/rmzelle/csl-validator/. My original post, in which
I outlined the design, moved to
http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator-frontend/.

It works pretty well in my hands, and has several advantages:

- the CSL schema version can now be easily selected via a drop-down menu
- the necessary options for validator.nu are preselected and hidden,
reducing user confusion and visual clutter
- irrelevant validation warnings are now hidden
- validation now includes the extracted Schematron schema rules from
the CSL 1.0/1.0.1 schema, which catches calls to undefined macros

I used the Validator.nu REST API
(http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Validator.nu_Web_Service_Interface),
Bootstrap, JQuery and Prism (for syntax highlighting).

If everybody is happy with it, I would eventually like to move the
code to the "citation-style-language" GitHub organization, and make it
available at validator.citationstyles.org.

The only drawback I'm aware off are two layout/CSS issues with the
Prism library, documented at
https://github.com/LeaVerou/prism/issues/324 . If anyone has any ideas
how to solve them, or knows of a better syntax highlighter that
supports both line numbering and line highlighting, please let me
know.

Rintze

P.S. The last webpage I hand-coded was after I read a book on HTML 3.2
in the late nineties. Things sure have become more interesting in the
past decade or two.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently on my wishlist is a customized front-end for Validator.nu.
> I'm aware that Simon built a custom CSL validator a while back (
> http://simonster.github.io/csl-validator.js/ ), but I like the
> interface and flexibility of Validator.nu (and the Jing XML validator)
> a little better. However, there are a lot of presets and validation
> warnings that could be hidden from our users. Since Validator.nu has a
> RESTful API, I'm imagining a custom front-end shouldn't be too hard to
> develop.
>
> Since I'm rather worthless when it comes to coding, I wrote up my
> thoughts at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/ (along with a
> mockup), and put up a call for help on the citationstyles.org
> frontpage. If anybody here is interested in this side project, let me
> know.
>
> Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

Bruce D'Arcus-3
OK, few more comments after trying the validator:
  1. the "address" term on the pop-up is confusing; maybe better as "link"?
  2. my example had only one error, which makes this incorrect: "Oops, I found 1 errors." Maybe change last word in template to "error(s)"?
And just a question: does this include a web server aspect? If yes, I say we move it to the main site, per your suggestion.


On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:53 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

One little suggestion based on a glance (will look closer later): somehow indicate which schema version is current.

Bruce

On Aug 11, 2014 11:36 PM, "Rintze Zelle" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I managed to create a custom front-end for Validator.nu, currently
available at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/. The code lives at
https://github.com/rmzelle/csl-validator/. My original post, in which
I outlined the design, moved to
http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator-frontend/.

It works pretty well in my hands, and has several advantages:

- the CSL schema version can now be easily selected via a drop-down menu
- the necessary options for validator.nu are preselected and hidden,
reducing user confusion and visual clutter
- irrelevant validation warnings are now hidden
- validation now includes the extracted Schematron schema rules from
the CSL 1.0/1.0.1 schema, which catches calls to undefined macros

I used the Validator.nu REST API
(http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Validator.nu_Web_Service_Interface),
Bootstrap, JQuery and Prism (for syntax highlighting).

If everybody is happy with it, I would eventually like to move the
code to the "citation-style-language" GitHub organization, and make it
available at validator.citationstyles.org.

The only drawback I'm aware off are two layout/CSS issues with the
Prism library, documented at
https://github.com/LeaVerou/prism/issues/324 . If anyone has any ideas
how to solve them, or knows of a better syntax highlighter that
supports both line numbering and line highlighting, please let me
know.

Rintze

P.S. The last webpage I hand-coded was after I read a book on HTML 3.2
in the late nineties. Things sure have become more interesting in the
past decade or two.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently on my wishlist is a customized front-end for Validator.nu.
> I'm aware that Simon built a custom CSL validator a while back (
> http://simonster.github.io/csl-validator.js/ ), but I like the
> interface and flexibility of Validator.nu (and the Jing XML validator)
> a little better. However, there are a lot of presets and validation
> warnings that could be hidden from our users. Since Validator.nu has a
> RESTful API, I'm imagining a custom front-end shouldn't be too hard to
> develop.
>
> Since I'm rather worthless when it comes to coding, I wrote up my
> thoughts at http://rintze.zelle.me/csl-validator/ (along with a
> mockup), and put up a call for help on the citationstyles.org
> frontpage. If anybody here is interested in this side project, let me
> know.
>
> Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
On Tuesday, August 12, 2014, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, few more comments after trying the validator:
  1. the "address" term on the pop-up is confusing; maybe better as "link"?
I decided to use the same terms as used on validator.nu, but yeah, "link" or "URL" might be clearer. 

  1. my example had only one error, which makes this incorrect: "Oops, I found 1 errors." Maybe change last word in template to "error(s)"?
Will fix that.
 
And just a question: does this include a web server aspect? If yes, I say we move it to the main site, per your suggestion.

It's currently just a HTML page hosted on GitHub Pages. Validation happens at validator.nu via their REST API. One could imagine expanding the page with additional checks that rely on XML parsing (e.g. to help users follow all our CSL repository requirements), which might require a server.

One little suggestion based on a glance (will look closer later): somehow indicate which schema version is current.

Will do.

Rintze 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
Hi all,

With some help from Dan Stillman, my CSL validator is now live at
http://validator.citationstyles.org/. You can see a screenshot at
http://i.imgur.com/19TPArc.png .

I switched out the Prism syntax highlight for the Ace editor, since
the first has some unresolved issues with line highlighting and line
numbering, as I pointed out above. I also improved made the page a
little prettier. The only issue I'm currently aware of is that the
"URL"/"File Upload"/"Text Field"-dropdown menu becomes unresponsive
when the browser window is narrower than 750 px, which is somehow
related to Bootstrap's grid layout system
(http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid).

If nobody reports any major issues, I'd like to change the CSL
documentation at
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Validation to
make http://validator.citationstyles.org/ the primary validator we
recommend to users.

Also let me know if you have any ideas on how to further improve the validator.

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

Carles Pina
Thank you Rintze, I like it!

A few things:
a) when I copy-paste a URL and press "Enter": it seems that doesn't
work. It works if I use the mouse and I press on "Validate" (it
confused me a little bit)
b) would be nice to have a spinning wheel while it's doing the
request. I thought that nothing was happening
c) is the code available?
d) would be maybe nice to be able to generate links such as
http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https://www.zotero.org/styles/apa&version=1.0.1
e) I had some problem here with an old-ish Firefox. I'll try again
with a newer one. Chrome is ok...

Have a nice weekend,

On 22 August 2014 14:43, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With some help from Dan Stillman, my CSL validator is now live at
> http://validator.citationstyles.org/. You can see a screenshot at
> http://i.imgur.com/19TPArc.png .
>
> I switched out the Prism syntax highlight for the Ace editor, since
> the first has some unresolved issues with line highlighting and line
> numbering, as I pointed out above. I also improved made the page a
> little prettier. The only issue I'm currently aware of is that the
> "URL"/"File Upload"/"Text Field"-dropdown menu becomes unresponsive
> when the browser window is narrower than 750 px, which is somehow
> related to Bootstrap's grid layout system
> (http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid).
>
> If nobody reports any major issues, I'd like to change the CSL
> documentation at
> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Validation to
> make http://validator.citationstyles.org/ the primary validator we
> recommend to users.
>
> Also let me know if you have any ideas on how to further improve the validator.
>
> Rintze
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Slashdot TV.
> Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
> http://tv.slashdot.org/
> _______________________________________________
> xbiblio-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel



--
Carles Pina | Software Engineer
http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/Carles-Pina/

Mendeley Limited | London, UK | www.mendeley.com
Registered in England and Wales | Company Number 6419015

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Carles Pina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Rintze, I like it!
>
> A few things:
> a) when I copy-paste a URL and press "Enter": it seems that doesn't
> work. It works if I use the mouse and I press on "Validate" (it
> confused me a little bit)
> b) would be nice to have a spinning wheel while it's doing the
> request. I thought that nothing was happening
> c) is the code available?
> d) would be maybe nice to be able to generate links such as
> http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https://www.zotero.org/styles/apa&version=1.0.1
> e) I had some problem here with an old-ish Firefox. I'll try again
> with a newer one. Chrome is ok...

Thanks for checking it out!

The page lives at
https://github.com/citation-style-language/csl-validator/. I'll see if
I can tackle any of your suggestions, but don't hold your breath. I'm
not a very experienced web developer.

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

aurimas
Gave it a quick test run. I think it's great, but here are just a few nits/suggestions:

* Certainly +1 for some sort of "busy" indicator. I would say a disabled (gray) "Validate" button with a spinning circle.

* The context that it displays for errors is a bit awkward. E.g. (bibliography is misspelled here) 
 ayout>
   </biblography>
 </styl
I think it should be displaying the full preceding and following lines instead of chopping them off.

* Would be neat if it could also inform if there are unused macros

* How about having it tidy up the formatting as well? E.g. fix indents (both amount of indenting and spaces instead of tabs), spacing before />, etc.

* Would be awesome if you could directly create a pull request against some style in the repo (e.g. have a field where you could fill in the file name [with suggestions as you type, of course] for an existing style and then click a button to create request. A drop-down with all styles might be a bit too much to handle). I think that might be related to what Carles had in mind with the link generation.



On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Carles Pina <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you Rintze, I like it!
>
> A few things:
> a) when I copy-paste a URL and press "Enter": it seems that doesn't
> work. It works if I use the mouse and I press on "Validate" (it
> confused me a little bit)
> b) would be nice to have a spinning wheel while it's doing the
> request. I thought that nothing was happening
> c) is the code available?
> d) would be maybe nice to be able to generate links such as
> http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https://www.zotero.org/styles/apa&version=1.0.1
> e) I had some problem here with an old-ish Firefox. I'll try again
> with a newer one. Chrome is ok...

Thanks for checking it out!

The page lives at
https://github.com/citation-style-language/csl-validator/. I'll see if
I can tackle any of your suggestions, but don't hold your breath. I'm
not a very experienced web developer.

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:22 AM, Aurimas Vinckevicius
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Certainly +1 for some sort of "busy" indicator. I would say a disabled
> (gray) "Validate" button with a spinning circle.

We could use one of these: http://msurguy.github.io/ladda-bootstrap/

> * The context that it displays for errors is a bit awkward. E.g.
> (bibliography is misspelled here)
>>
>>  ayout>
>>    </biblography>
>>  </styl
>
> I think it should be displaying the full preceding and following lines
> instead of chopping them off.

These code snippets are what validator.nu returns in its validation
report. I guess we could extract the full preceding and following
lines from the full XML document, but that's a bit of work.

> * Would be neat if it could also inform if there are unused macros

Funny you should ask. I actually wrote a Schematron rule yesterday
evening to check for these
(https://gist.github.com/rmzelle/573df55275a606c20aa0). Turns out
there are a little over 700 unused macros in the repository:
https://gist.github.com/rmzelle/fc0f6a4538746c39e6d1

As an aside, I wonder whether we should mark CSL styles that define
unused macros as invalid in the next version of CSL. As an argument
against doing so, unused macros aren't problematic for CSL processors,
just a waste of space. Maybe we should just have Travis CI and our
validator test for them, but still allow them per the CSL schema.

> * How about having it tidy up the formatting as well? E.g. fix indents (both
> amount of indenting and spaces instead of tabs), spacing before />, etc.

I think this would only work if we could tidy up the XML before
submitting it to validator.nu. Otherwise I don't know how to do handle
the line highlighting (since tidying can move the XML code around).
Are you aware of any online tidiers that offer a REST API, or a js
library that does XML tidying?

> * Would be awesome if you could directly create a pull request against some
> style in the repo (e.g. have a field where you could fill in the file name
> [with suggestions as you type, of course] for an existing style and then
> click a button to create request. A drop-down with all styles might be a bit
> too much to handle). I think that might be related to what Carles had in
> mind with the link generation.

I'm not following. What would the workflow be, exactly? You mean
create a pull request from within the validator, once a style passes
validation?

We certainly should consider whether this validator can be extended to
streamline the submission process. Sebastian and I do a lot of
hand-holding to get contributors to follow
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Style-Requirements,
and it should be possible to automate some of this.

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
In reply to this post by Carles Pina
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Carles Pina <[hidden email]> wrote:
> a) when I copy-paste a URL and press "Enter": it seems that doesn't
> work. It works if I use the mouse and I press on "Validate" (it
> confused me a little bit)
> b) would be nice to have a spinning wheel while it's doing the
> request. I thought that nothing was happening

The newest version should now start the validation when you press
Enter in the URL field, and during validation the button should become
inactive and show a spinning wheel.

> d) would be maybe nice to be able to generate links such as
> http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https://www.zotero.org/styles/apa&version=1.0.1

Can somebody explain to me how to implement this? A pointer to a
relevant tutorial would do. I guess we want the validator to be able
to both generate such links, and accept them (i.e., take the
parameters and use them to prepopulate the input selections).

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:22 AM, Aurimas Vinckevicius
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> * How about having it tidy up the formatting as well? E.g. fix indents (both
> amount of indenting and spaces instead of tabs), spacing before />, etc.

I found http://www.eslinstructor.net/vkbeautify/, which might do the
trick. But we probably want to pretty print the input before sending
it to validator.nu, and I don't know how to do that for the "File
Upload" and "URL" options.

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

aurimas
On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Carles Pina <[hidden email]> wrote:
> a) when I copy-paste a URL and press "Enter": it seems that doesn't
> work. It works if I use the mouse and I press on "Validate" (it
> confused me a little bit)
> b) would be nice to have a spinning wheel while it's doing the
> request. I thought that nothing was happening

The newest version should now start the validation when you press
Enter in the URL field, and during validation the button should become
inactive and show a spinning wheel.

> d) would be maybe nice to be able to generate links such as
> http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https://www.zotero.org/styles/apa&version=1.0.1

Can somebody explain to me how to implement this? A pointer to a
relevant tutorial would do. I guess we want the validator to be able
to both generate such links, and accept them (i.e., take the
parameters and use them to prepopulate the input selections).

If I understand correctly, you're trying to do all of this entirely via HTML/CSS/JavaScript, with no server-side scripting whatsoever. In that case, see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/979975/how-to-get-the-value-from-url-parameter for a general idea for accepting URL parameters. You would probably run this on page load (then maybe even submit the form automatically). For updating the URL, you want to use window.history.pushState/replaceState [1], since that allows navigation via forward/back buttons. We do something similar in the style repo [2]
 


On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:22 AM, Aurimas Vinckevicius
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> * How about having it tidy up the formatting as well? E.g. fix indents (both
> amount of indenting and spaces instead of tabs), spacing before />, etc.

I found http://www.eslinstructor.net/vkbeautify/, which might do the
trick. But we probably want to pretty print the input before sending
it to validator.nu, and I don't know how to do that for the "File
Upload" and "URL" options.

File upload could be manageable if you read the file contents [3] before submitting the form and then submit it as text. Unfortunately, reading contents from links might be more problematic due to cross-origin restrictions. You probably won't be able to do this without some sort of server-side proxy.

 

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel

Aurimas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slashdot TV.  
Video for Nerds.  Stuff that matters.
http://tv.slashdot.org/
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Custom CSL validator

rmzelle
Administrator
In reply to this post by Carles Pina
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Carles Pina <[hidden email]> wrote:
> d) would be maybe nice to be able to generate links such as
> http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https://www.zotero.org/styles/apa&version=1.0.1

I found a nice JS library, Qurl
(http://ryanburnette.com/2014/02/getting-and-setting-url-query-parameters-in-javascript.html)
to make this work.

Upon page load, the validator now runs automatically if the "url" URL
parameter is set. Upon validating by URL, the "url" and "version"
parameters are set. Upon validating by file upload or by text field,
the "url" and "version" parameters are removed from the URL.

Give it a try! (and report any bugs if you find any)

http://validator.citationstyles.org/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fcitation-style-language%2Fstyles%2Fmaster%2Fapa.csl&version=1.0.1

Rintze

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meet PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance Requirements with EventLog Analyzer
Achieve PCI DSS 3.0 Compliant Status with Out-of-the-box PCI DSS Reports
Are you Audit-Ready for PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance? Download White paper
Comply to PCI DSS 3.0 Requirement 10 and 11.5 with EventLog Analyzer
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154622311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
xbiblio-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xbiblio-devel