Editors and coordinators

fbennett
A French user points out that, in France, the editor responsible for
original material, and the editor responsible for coordinating
commentary or an already-published work (Marx, Rousseau) are different
roles, with different names.

  http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8565/?Focus=39208#Comment_39208

Re: Editors and coordinators

Bruce D'Arcus-3
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Frank Bennett<[hidden email]> wrote:
> A French user points out that, in France, the editor responsible for
> original material, and the editor responsible for coordinating
> commentary or an already-published work (Marx, Rousseau) are different
> roles, with different names.
>
>  http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8565/?Focus=39208#Comment_39208

Would be nice to find some equivalent distinction in English, etc. The
LoC MARC role list might be helpful.

<http://www.loc.gov/marc/sourcecode/relator/relatorlist.html>

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Bruce D'Arcus<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Frank Bennett<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A French user points out that, in France, the editor responsible for
>> original material, and the editor responsible for coordinating
>> commentary or an already-published work (Marx, Rousseau) are different
>> roles, with different names.
>>
>>  http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8565/?Focus=39208#Comment_39208
>
> Would be nice to find some equivalent distinction in English, etc. The
> LoC MARC role list might be helpful.
>
> <http://www.loc.gov/marc/sourcecode/relator/relatorlist.html>

I relayed you message to the original poster, suggesting the
"Publishing director" role, and he sent back this reply:

Hi Frank,

thanks for your answer. I just checked the LOC role list and the entry
you propose suits perfectly the case.

It seems to me that these two could also be useful:

Author of introduction, etc. [aui]
Use for a person or corporate body responsible for an introduction,
preface, foreword, or other critical introductory matter, but who is
not the chief author.

Author of afterword, colophon, etc. [aft]
Use for a person or corporate body responsible for an afterword,
postface, colophon, etc. but who is not the chief author of a work.

Until now, I used Collaborator, but it's not really adequate:
Collaborator [clb]
Use for a person or corporate body that takes a limited part in the
elaboration of a work of another person or corporate body that brings
complements (e.g., appendices, notes) to the work.

Best,
Nicolas.