Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

Joseph Reagle

Re: Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

Bruce D'Arcus-3
Would help for you to summarize what that variable means in biblatex.

Re: Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

What does that do?

Re: Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

Joseph Reagle-2

http://ctan.sharelatex.com/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/biblatex/doc/biblatex.pdf

> "pagination of the work." The value of this field will affect the
formatting of the arguments to the citation command.... Possible keys
are page, column, line, verse, section, and paragraph.

Re: Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

pagination allows users to specify the unit in which a item is ordered. It's typically pages, but can also be columns, verses etc.
Nothing of the kind exists in CSL yet
See https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/31951/column-numbers-instead-of-page-numbers-in-bibliography/ for context/use

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
What does that do?

Re: Is there an equiv of biblatex:pagination in CSL?

Bruce D'Arcus-3
Ah. I don't think that's a very good solution to that problem anyway.
What happens if you need to represent both page and column (or
paragraph)?