Literal elements in multi author reference

Literal elements in multi author reference

Jonny Mathias
Hi All,
I noticed something in citeproc which I am unable to explain and I was wondering if you would be so kind as to help me.

If a user adds a multi-author reference where one of the authors is a literal element, the order of the authors changes and 'with' appears in the string of authors In the example below, Young is the first author in the string (and a literal element) and you can see the order has changed ‘with’ has appeared. I can find no references to this phenomenon in either the citeproc or CSL specification respectively.

Person, A. and Ford, L. A. with Young, H., Young Harold (1999) Sears and Zemansky’s university physics. San Francisco: San Francisco : Addison-Wesley, 2000.

I have copied the input data below to aid in recreating the bug

[
  • {
    • citeproc
      {
      • id606,
      • author
        [
        • {
          • family"Young",
          • given"Hugh",
          • parse-namestrue
          },
        • {
          • literal"Young Harold"
          },
        • {
          • family"Person",
          • given"A",
          • parse-namestrue
          },
        • {
          • family"Ford",
          • given"Lewis A.",
          • parse-namestrue
          }
        ],
      • ISBN"9780201603361",
      • publisher"San Francisco : Addison-Wesley, 2000.",
      • publisher-place"San Francisco",
      • title"Sears and Zemansky's university physics",
      • type"book",
      • issued
        {
        • year1999,
        • month12,
        • day6,
        • circafalse
        }
      }
    }
]

Best wishes,
Jonny

Dr Jonny Mathias
Head of Referencing

Phone (+44) 07896515470
Skype jonny.mathias

Unit 9 New North House
Canonbury Business Centre
202-208 New North Road
London
N17BJ

Re: Literal elements in multi author reference

Sebastian Karcher

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Jonny Mathias <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sebastian Karcher, PhD

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Jonny Mathias <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed something in citeproc

Note that CSL processors are generally named as "citeproc-[programming language]", and that we have citeproc-js, citeproc-ruby, citeproc-hs, citeproc-php, etc. So it's important to indicate which one you're using. Just writing "citeproc" is ambiguous.