On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

Johannes Graumann
Hello,

For CVs it is quite useful to be able to provide a publication list with
one's name boldened. Is it possible to create a *.csl that will do that?
Match the author list with hard-coded name and than make the corresponding
author name bold?

I'd appreciate any pointers you may be able to give.

Sincerely, Joh

Re: On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

Sebastian Karcher
CSL can't do that, no. There is neither the possibility of matching to
arbitrary strings in CSL (in any place) nor an option to format
different authors differently.
I don't really see this happening, either.
The way to go would probably be to post-process be in the webpage
(say, with some php) or in the word processor. Might be hard to do
with pandoc, though, if that's what you want to use.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Johannes Graumann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For CVs it is quite useful to be able to provide a publication list with
> one's name boldened. Is it possible to create a *.csl that will do that?
> Match the author list with hard-coded name and than make the corresponding
> author name bold?
>
> I'd appreciate any pointers you may be able to give.
>
> Sincerely, Joh

Sebastian Karcher, PhD

Re: On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

fbennett
The Abbreviation Filter can be used for that, by setting boldface
markup for the target name in the Nickname list.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Abbreviation Filter can be used for that, by setting boldface
> markup for the target name in the Nickname list.

(Sorry, I should have said that the Abbreviation Filter can do that in
the Zotero environment - it's not a feature of CSL, but a form of
post-processing, similar to what adamsmith describes.)

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Sebastian Karcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> CSL can't do that, no. There is neither the possibility of matching to
>> arbitrary strings in CSL (in any place) nor an option to format
>> different authors differently.
>> I don't really see this happening, either.
>> The way to go would probably be to post-process be in the webpage
>> (say, with some php) or in the word processor. Might be hard to do
>> with pandoc, though, if that's what you want to use.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Johannes Graumann
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> For CVs it is quite useful to be able to provide a publication list with
>>> one's name boldened. Is it possible to create a *.csl that will do that?
>>> Match the author list with hard-coded name and than make the corresponding
>>> author name bold?
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate any pointers you may be able to give.
>>>
>>> Sincerely, Joh

>> Sebastian Karcher, PhD
>> Department of Political Science
>> Northwestern University

Re: On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

Johannes Graumann
... which implies that in my pandoc (rmarkdown)-driven environment this is
not going to help, no?

Sincerely, Joh

Frank Bennett wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Frank Bennett
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The Abbreviation Filter can be used for that, by setting boldface
>> markup for the target name in the Nickname list.
>
> (Sorry, I should have said that the Abbreviation Filter can do that in
> the Zotero environment - it's not a feature of CSL, but a form of
> post-processing, similar to what adamsmith describes.)
>
>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Sebastian Karcher
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> CSL can't do that, no. There is neither the possibility of matching to
>>> arbitrary strings in CSL (in any place) nor an option to format
>>> different authors differently.
>>> I don't really see this happening, either.
>>> The way to go would probably be to post-process be in the webpage
>>> (say, with some php) or in the word processor. Might be hard to do
>>> with pandoc, though, if that's what you want to use.

>>> --
>>> Sebastian Karcher, PhD
>>> Department of Political Science
>>> Northwestern University

Re: On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

fbennett
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Johannes Graumann
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> ... which implies that in my pandoc (rmarkdown)-driven environment this is
> not going to help, no?
>
> Sincerely, Joh

That's right.

> Frank Bennett wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Frank Bennett
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The Abbreviation Filter can be used for that, by setting boldface
>>> markup for the target name in the Nickname list.
>>
>> (Sorry, I should have said that the Abbreviation Filter can do that in
>> the Zotero environment - it's not a feature of CSL, but a form of
>> post-processing, similar to what adamsmith describes.)

Re: On-the-fly processing of author list to render one (me) bold?

Bruce D'Arcus-3

FWIW, I manually format my CV.