Project status

panyasan
Administrator
Hello,

I am following the project passively at the moment, eagerly waiting for the 1.0 release. Bruce has already mentioned he is working on a new website with updated information  -- the old one is a bit outdated ;-) -- but since I am of the impatient kind, I wonder if you summarize the state of the project very shortly:

- when is the target release date for 1.0? Just roughly.
- which of the implementations will be compliant to CSL 1.0 ?
- where are the different implementations hosted now (SVN at sourceforge is mostly abandoned now, isn't it?) - maybe you already have this info compiled for the website.

Thanks for any information.

Christian

Re: Project status

Bruce D'Arcus-3
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 3:15 AM, panyasan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am following the project passively at the moment, eagerly waiting for the
> 1.0 release. Bruce has already mentioned he is working on a new website with
> updated information  -- the old one is a bit outdated ;-) -- but since I am
> of the impatient kind, I wonder if you summarize the state of the project
> very shortly:
>
> - when is the target release date for 1.0? Just roughly.

Recognizing some serious time constraints some of us are under, I'd
say sometime in the next few months. We're almost done with the
schema, but the spec will still need work.

> - which of the implementations will be compliant to CSL 1.0 ?

Frank's javascript version will the only one that is fully 1.0 compliant.

My python version will target 1.0, but has a ways to go still (and my
first priority will be supporting features I need).

I heard from Andrea recently (who was off in some idyllic place in the
Italian alps, I believe, sans internet), but am not sure how much time
he'll have to update to 1.0.

> - where are the different implementations hosted now (SVN at sourceforge is
> mostly abandoned now, isn't it?) - maybe you already have this info compiled
> for the website.

This stuff will go on the website, but ...

<http://bitbucket.org/fbennett/citeproc-js/>
<http://github.com/bdarcus/citeproc-py/>
<http://github.com/bdarcus/citeproc-rb/>
<http://code.haskell.org/citeproc-hs/>