Re: citeproc-py 0.1.0 released

kulath

> Hello all,
>
> Now that citeproc-py also runs on Python 2.6+ thanks to the
> contributions
> of Matthew Brett, I've decided to make a first citeproc-py release,
> 0.1.0.
> You can find a source archive and a Windows installer at PyPI
> (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/citeproc-py) or install citeproc-py
> using
> easy_install or pip. I should note that the examples are not
> included in
> the distribution packages, so you should head over to the GitHub page
> (https://github.com/brechtm/citeproc-py) to see how to use citeproc-
> py.
>
> I hope the Python 2 compatibility and the availability of easily
> installable packages make citeproc-py accessible to a broader
> audience.

Excellent news Brecht. Many thanks, especially for making it available
for Python 2.x.

I am working on getting citeproc-py used in the Gramps open source
genealogy project. Having citeproc available for python 2 is a big
bonus because although Gramps is intended to be python 2/3 compatible
in the latest version, almost no-one is actually using python 3 in any
day to day way at the moment.

Regards,
Tim Lyons.