Re: xbiblio-devel digest, Vol 1 #70 - 9 msgs

Re: xbiblio-devel digest, Vol 1 #70 - 9 msgs

Matthias Steffens
Hi Justus & Bruce,

On 27-May-2005 Justus Piater wrote:

> I'm looking for a unified framework for Web-based publication lists
> (personal, research group, department-wide)

refbase supports automatic generation of citation lists. Some
examples:

Show all publications (in cite view sorted by year with 100 entries
per page) by the Institute for Polar Ecology ("IPÖ") but exclude any
theses and/or duplicate entries:

<http://polaris.ipoe.uni-kiel.de/refs/show.php?contribution_id=IP%D6&thesis=no&without=dups&submit=Cite&showRows=100&citeOrder=year&headerMsg=Publications%20of%20the%20%3Cb%3EInstitute%20for%20Polar%20Ecology%3C/b%3E:>

and only PhD theses from IPÖ (in classical author-year ordering,
15 entries per page, without links and in print view):

<http://polaris.ipoe.uni-kiel.de/refs/show.php?contribution_id=IP%D6&thesis=doctor&without=dups&submit=Cite&showRows=15&citeOrder=author&showLinks=0&viewType=Print>

Display all those publications by author "Piepenburg" that this
author has selected to be included within his list of selected
publications:

  <http://polaris.ipoe.uni-kiel.de/refs/show.php?author=piepenburg&userID=4&selected=yes&submit=Cite&showRows=100&citeOrder=year&headerMsg=Publications%20of%20%3Cb%3EDieter%20Piepenburg%3C/b%3E:>

The script supports many more fields for query and different output
modes.

> and XBiblio-like document processing

The next version of refbase will support citation output via xbiblio.
Processing of full XML documents won't be initially supported, though.

> The eXist MODS example
> (http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/mods/biblio.xq) is quite nice, but
> I'd also need a convenient Web interface to enter individual
> references, and to import references from a file.

You may want to checkout refbase using our demo database:

  <http://demo.refbase.net/>

Currently, import is only provided for Endnote users via a command
line conversion utility. Implementation of full import capabilities
for common bibliographic formats (via bibutils and the web GUI) is of
high priority, though.

On 27-May-2005 Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> Anyway, Matthias Steffens (on this list) has been working hard on
> adding MODS, SRU and citeproc (the name of my XSLT code) to his app
> RefBase.  He has a demo working that integrates my citation
> processing.
>
> Matthias, when do you expect to release that?

That's a tricky question! ;-) I'm in the final stage of my PhD which
always causes delays regarding refbase development efforts :-/. So I
fear I can't tell when we'll have a release ready for download.
Anyhow, I hope to complete the xbiblio support during the next weeks
and the scripts will be available via the SourceForge CVS.

[Btw, I'll haven't found time to try out your suggestions which you
 mailed yesterday but I'll do so next week]

Best regards, Matthias
Matthias Steffens   ----   [hidden email]

refbase --- a web-based, platform-independent,
multi-user application for managing scientific
     literature, references and citations

            http://www.refbase.net

Re: xbiblio-devel digest, Vol 1 #70 - 9 msgs

Bruce D'Arcus-3
On May 28, 2005, at 5:56 AM, Matthias Steffens wrote:

> [Btw, I'll haven't found time to try out your suggestions which you
>  mailed yesterday but I'll do so next week]

Don't worry; it won't work anyway ;-)

I had to one or two other changes.

Bruce