Top-level comments in CSL styles

fbennett
Carles has identified some styles that fail to run in citeproc-js due
to an XML comment that is a sibling of the cs:style node:

  https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/inter-ro.csl

The complaint I get in the test runner under Rhino is:

  "SyntaxError: XML objects may contain at most one node."

Is it possible to have these comments moved inside the cs:style node?

Re: Top-level comments in CSL styles

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Carles has identified some styles that fail to run in citeproc-js due
> to an XML comment that is a sibling of the cs:style node:
>
>   https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/inter-ro.csl
>
> The complaint I get in the test runner under Rhino is:
>
>   "SyntaxError: XML objects may contain at most one node."
>
> Is it possible to have these comments moved inside the cs:style node?

While the comment seems to be valid XML (as suggested by successful
validation and the XML spec at
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-comments ), there have been multiple
reports of problems with XML comments in this location (e.g.
http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/26323/ and
http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/21916/submitting-style-zoterosf/?Focus=116995#Comment_116995
). So I agree that we should move them.

Feel free to make the change yourself. I'll probably update my own
maintenance script to deal with these comments, but that might take a
while.

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Carles has identified some styles that fail to run in citeproc-js due
>> to an XML comment that is a sibling of the cs:style node:
>>
>>   https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/inter-ro.csl
>>
>> The complaint I get in the test runner under Rhino is:
>>
>>   "SyntaxError: XML objects may contain at most one node."
>>
>> Is it possible to have these comments moved inside the cs:style node?
>
> While the comment seems to be valid XML (as suggested by successful
> validation and the XML spec at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-comments ), there have been multiple
> reports of problems with XML comments in this location (e.g.
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/26323/ and
> http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/21916/submitting-style-zoterosf/?Focus=116995#Comment_116995
> ). So I agree that we should move them.
>
> Feel free to make the change yourself. I'll probably update my own
> maintenance script to deal with these comments, but that might take a
> while.
>
> Rintze

Thanks. It looks like only three styles were affected. I've make the
changes and pushed them to the repo.