Web Publication List?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Web Publication List?

Justus Piater
Hi,

This question is 95% off topic, but for the remaining 5% and because
Bruce may have the answer, I'm asking it anyway:

I'm looking for a unified framework for Web-based publication lists
(personal, research group, department-wide) and XBiblio-like document
processing. Is there anything out there? The eXist MODS example
(http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/mods/biblio.xq) is quite nice, but I'd
also need a convenient Web interface to enter individual references,
and to import references from a file.

Thanks,
Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279
Université de Liège, Belgium    Fax:   +32-4-366-2620



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web Publication List?

Bruce D'Arcus-3
On 5/27/05, Justus Piater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a unified framework for Web-based publication lists
> (personal, research group, department-wide) and XBiblio-like document
> processing. Is there anything out there? The eXist MODS example
> (http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/mods/biblio.xq) is quite nice, but I'd
> also need a convenient Web interface to enter individual references,
> and to import references from a file.

The eXist example will have an XForms based entry and editing UI for
MODS at some point.  Wolfgang (the author of eXist and the MODS
example, and a sociologist!) has experimented for awhile with
different XForms implementations, and ran into problems with them.
More recently he has been working on the idea of implementing an
XQuery native XForms processor into eXist.

In any case, I use the eXist example, and either hand code and load
the MODS records, or convert them frm legacy formats using bibutlis.

Anyway, Matthias Steffens (on this list) has been working hard on
adding MODS, SRU and citeproc (the name of my XSLT code) to his app
RefBase.  He has a demo working that integrates my citation
processing.

Matthias, when do you expect to release that?

Bruce