asterisk suffix for page label

Charles Parnot
I am scratching my head on a report by a user that noticed asterisks in the suffix of the page label for page locators in the Harvard style for Imperial College, for instance:

(Andrews, Boyne, Meier, et al., 2011, p*79)

Well, the user noticed the asterisk, and I noticed it comes from the label suffix:

  <citation disambiguate-add-year-suffix="true" collapse="year" et-al-min="3" et-al-use-first="1">
    <!-- sort as cited -->
    <layout prefix="(" suffix=")" delimiter="; ">
      <group delimiter=", ">
        <text macro="author-short"/>
        <text macro="year-date"/>
        <!-- Does this next group do anything? -->
        <group>
          <label variable="locator" suffix="*" form="short" strip-periods="true"/>
          <text variable="locator"/>
        </group>
      </group>
    </layout>
  </citation>

Based on this page, it should instead be a period:
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/library/subjectsandsupport/referencemanagement/harvard/citing

I may be missing something, hence me asking. It's present in 4 of the Harvard variants, so it's either intentional, or it's just a result of some simple copy and paste when more styles were derived from the first.

If it does not ring a bell for anyone, I'll just correct the styles.

Thanks!

Re: asterisk suffix for page label

Sebastian Karcher
I don't remember a reference to that - it seems like some placeholder
as a reminder for further editing? In any case, yes, please do go
ahead and fix those for styles.

------

Re: asterisk suffix for page label

Charles Parnot