citeproc-java 0.1 has just been released!

citeproc-java 0.1 has just been released!

Michel Krämer
Dear CSL community!

I'm very pleased to announce the first release of citeproc-java, a CSL
processor for Java! An (almost) complete documentation is available at:

http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/

citeproc-java uses citeproc-js internally. It is therefore CSL
1.0.1-compliant. Apart from that, it offers additional features such as
BibTeX import as well as export to AsciiDoc and FO.

Just as citeproc-java itself, the CSL styles and locales are now
available through Maven. Please see the installation instructions for
more information:

http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/#/installing

citeproc-java's BibTeX to CSL mapping is based on the one used in the
Docear software. It has been converted to Java by permission from the
Docear authors, in particular Joeran Beel. The BibTeX converter imports
author names using the name parser from the citeproc-ruby project. It
has been converted to Java by permission from Sylvester Keil. Thank you
very much for that!!

Although citeproc-java is a very young project and this is the very
first release, I consider it rather stable already--not least because it
uses the great citeproc-js under the hood. Nevertheless, development of
citeproc-java has just begun and I'm sure there are great features to
come. If you want to participate, don't hesitate to fork my GitHub
repository and send me pull requests:

https://github.com/michel-kraemer/citeproc-java

Finally, big thanks to you, the CSL community, for the great work and
for your support!

Cheers,
Michel Krämer

Re: citeproc-java 0.1 has just been released!

Sebastian Karcher
MIchel,
herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Launch!
Could you add me to the repository as well? Username is adam.smith
I've just added citeproc-java to the list of processors on http://citationstyles.org/developers/

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Michel Krämer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bruce D'Arcus-3
Thought on this dev list:

Perhaps at this point, we should have two subsections, with lists: 1)
feature-complete implementations (you can use in your projects), 2)
in-development (not yet really ready for consumption).

Either that, or just drop the in-development ones entirely. I haven't
worked on mine in years (though I do still think has some valuable
ideas that others could build on).

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Sebastian Karcher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> MIchel,
> herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Launch!
> Could you add me to the repository as well? Username is adam.smith
> I've just added citeproc-java to the list of processors on
> http://citationstyles.org/developers/
> Best,
> Sebastian
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Michel Krämer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear CSL community!
>>
>> I'm very pleased to announce the first release of citeproc-java, a CSL
>> processor for Java! An (almost) complete documentation is available at:
>>
>> http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/
>>
>> citeproc-java uses citeproc-js internally. It is therefore CSL
>> 1.0.1-compliant. Apart from that, it offers additional features such as
>> BibTeX import as well as export to AsciiDoc and FO.
>>
>> Just as citeproc-java itself, the CSL styles and locales are now
>> available through Maven. Please see the installation instructions for
>> more information:
>>
>> http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/#/installing
>>
>> citeproc-java's BibTeX to CSL mapping is based on the one used in the
>> Docear software. It has been converted to Java by permission from the
>> Docear authors, in particular Joeran Beel. The BibTeX converter imports
>> author names using the name parser from the citeproc-ruby project. It
>> has been converted to Java by permission from Sylvester Keil. Thank you
>> very much for that!!
>>
>> Although citeproc-java is a very young project and this is the very
>> first release, I consider it rather stable already--not least because it
>> uses the great citeproc-js under the hood. Nevertheless, development of
>> citeproc-java has just begun and I'm sure there are great features to
>> come. If you want to participate, don't hesitate to fork my GitHub
>> repository and send me pull requests:
>>
>> https://github.com/michel-kraemer/citeproc-java
>>
>> Finally, big thanks to you, the CSL community, for the great work and
>> for your support!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michel Krämer

Re: citeproc-java 0.1 has just been released!

Michel Krämer
Sebastian,

> Could you add me to the repository as well? Username is adam.smith
I forwarded your request. I will contact you as soon as access has been
granted.

> I've just added citeproc-java to the list of processors
That's really great! Thank you very much.

Michel

> http://citationstyles.org/developers/
> Best,
> Sebastian
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Michel Krämer <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Dear CSL community!
>
>     I'm very pleased to announce the first release of citeproc-java, a CSL
>     processor for Java! An (almost) complete documentation is available at:
>
>     http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/
>
>     citeproc-java uses citeproc-js internally. It is therefore CSL
>     1.0.1-compliant. Apart from that, it offers additional features such as
>     BibTeX import as well as export to AsciiDoc and FO.
>
>     Just as citeproc-java itself, the CSL styles and locales are now
>     available through Maven. Please see the installation instructions for
>     more information:
>
>     http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/#/installing
>
>     citeproc-java's BibTeX to CSL mapping is based on the one used in the
>     Docear software. It has been converted to Java by permission from the
>     Docear authors, in particular Joeran Beel. The BibTeX converter imports
>     author names using the name parser from the citeproc-ruby project. It
>     has been converted to Java by permission from Sylvester Keil. Thank you
>     very much for that!!
>
>     Although citeproc-java is a very young project and this is the very
>     first release, I consider it rather stable already--not least because it
>     uses the great citeproc-js under the hood. Nevertheless, development of
>     citeproc-java has just begun and I'm sure there are great features to
>     come. If you want to participate, don't hesitate to fork my GitHub
>     repository and send me pull requests:
>
>     https://github.com/michel-kraemer/citeproc-java
>
>     Finally, big thanks to you, the CSL community, for the great work and
>     for your support!
>
>     Cheers,
>     Michel Krämer

> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8, SharePoint
> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack includes
> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/22/13.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=64545871&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: citeproc-java 0.1 has just been released!

Joeran Beel

citeproc-java's BibTeX to CSL mapping is based on the one used in the
Docear software.

Just as a side note: the mapping we did is far from perfect. If you discover errors, feel free to tell us.

Best,
Joeran

Re: citeproc-java 0.1 has just been released!

Michel Krämer
> Just as a side note: the mapping we did is far from perfect. If you
> discover errors, feel free to tell us.
It seems to work quite well so far. Thanks!

Cheers,
Michel