Quantcast

citeproc-java 0.6 has just been released!

citeproc-java 0.6 has just been released!

Michel Krämer
Dear CSL community!

I'm proud to announce the next version of citeproc-java. Version 0.6
comes with cool new features and improved performance:

http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/

The highlights in this release are:

* The binary distribution of citeproc-java contains a command
   line tool [1] that can be used to generate citations and
   bibliographies without setting up a complete development
   environment. Just download and extract the zip file and then
   run `citeproc-java -b references.bib -s ieee' to create a
   bibliography in ieee style for your BibTeX input file. This
   feature makes the library very useful even for non-programmers.
* The new Mendeley connector [2] allows you to use documents stored
   in Mendeley Web as input for citations and bibliographies.
   Of course this feature also works on the command line.
* The library has been tested with the CSL test suite. All
   750+ tests run successfully! I put a lot of work into this
   to bring citeproc-java on par with other CSL processors.

Of course, under the hood the library uses citeproc-js. Without this it
wouldn't have been possible to implement all these features! Kudos go to
Frank Bennett and all contributors for their great work!

Because all 750+ tests from the CSL test suite and also more than 80
additional tests run successfully I consider citeproc-java very stable.
I put it out as 0.6 because I might be adding more features in the
future. Stay tuned!

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Michel

[1] http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/using/command-line-tool/
[2] http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/using/mendeley/

Re: citeproc-java 0.6 has just been released!

Michel Krämer
Cool. Thanks, Rob!

Michel

Am 23.10.2013 19:14, schrieb Robert Knight:

> Congratulations on the release Michel and thanks for including Mendeley
> integration! We'll forward this on to the platform/API teams here as
> they may also find it interesting.
>
> Regards,
> Rob.
>

> On 23 October 2013 17:40, Michel Krämer <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Dear CSL community!
>
>     I'm proud to announce the next version of citeproc-java. Version 0.6
>     comes with cool new features and improved performance:
>
>     http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/
>
>     The highlights in this release are:
>
>     * The binary distribution of citeproc-java contains a command
>         line tool [1] that can be used to generate citations and
>         bibliographies without setting up a complete development
>         environment. Just download and extract the zip file and then
>         run `citeproc-java -b references.bib -s ieee' to create a
>         bibliography in ieee style for your BibTeX input file. This
>         feature makes the library very useful even for non-programmers.
>     * The new Mendeley connector [2] allows you to use documents stored
>         in Mendeley Web as input for citations and bibliographies.
>         Of course this feature also works on the command line.
>     * The library has been tested with the CSL test suite. All
>         750+ tests run successfully! I put a lot of work into this
>         to bring citeproc-java on par with other CSL processors.
>
>     Of course, under the hood the library uses citeproc-js. Without this it
>     wouldn't have been possible to implement all these features! Kudos go to
>     Frank Bennett and all contributors for their great work!
>
>     Because all 750+ tests from the CSL test suite and also more than 80
>     additional tests run successfully I consider citeproc-java very stable.
>     I put it out as 0.6 because I might be adding more features in the
>     future. Stay tuned!
>
>     Any feedback is appreciated.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Michel
>
>     [1]
>     http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/using/command-line-tool/
>     [2] http://michel-kraemer.github.io/citeproc-java/using/mendeley/

>     October Webinars: Code for Performance
>     Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.
>     Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the
>     most from
>     the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and
>     register >
>     http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135991&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135991&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: citeproc-java 0.6 has just been released!

Joeran Beel
congratulations! :-)

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Michel Krämer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Founder & Researcher
Docear - The Academic Literature Suite