configuring page number prefixes

Bruce D'Arcus-3
I was just working on a style file for APA, and came across an oddity
that requires adding an attribute somewhere.

When I looked at examples of APA, I thought I was seeing a really oddly
designed style with a lot of inconsistencies.  For example, a journal
article will render pages like "23-43" while a magazine may do "pp.
23-43."

It turns out on deeper inspection there is a more general logic.  If a
record would typically have a volume and/or issue number (some kind of
article), but doesn't, then the prefix gets added.

This leads me to think that I want to configure this like so:

     <locators>
       <locator unit="page" use-when="missing-volume-issue">
         <renderas>
           <single>p. </single>
           <multiple>pp. </multiple>
         </renderas>