csl design question

Bruce D'Arcus
I'm returning to the citation style language to clean it up.  One
obvious issue is this:

     <terms>
       <roles>
        <role term="editor">
          <renderas>
            <single>Ed.</single>
            <multiple>Eds.</multiple>
          </renderas>
        </role>
       </roles>
       <genres>
        <genre>
          <term>dissertation</term>
          <renderas>PhD Dissertation</renderas>
        </genre>
       </genres>
     </terms>

In the first approach, I use an attribute for the term, and I control
the value in the schema.  My preference is to change to rest of the
term definitions (media and genres) to adopt this as well.  Any
counter-arguments?

I guess my preference is towards tight control where possible, but it
does by definition mean less flexibility.

Re: csl design question

Bruce D'Arcus
Am also looking at changing the citation coding a bit.

So, it might be:

author-year:

     <citation>
       <prefix>(</prefix>