Quantcast

punctuation for quote within quote where punctuation-in-quote="true"

punctuation for quote within quote where punctuation-in-quote="true"

Sebastian Karcher
Hi everyone
This only concerns processor maintainers, I'm 99% sure I know what's right here, so I don't think we need to discuss what's correct:

Current behavior in citeproc-js when punctuation-in-quote="true" (as it is for all en-US styles)
is to place periods inside outer quotation marks, but not inside inner quotation

I.e. we get (in MLA style on an en-US locale)

Gasché, Rodolphe. “... And the Beautiful? Revisiting Edmund Burke’s ‘Double Aesthetics’.” The Sublime: From Antiquity to the Present. Ed. Timothy M. Costelloe. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2012. Print.

Where it should be:
Gasché, Rodolphe. “... And the Beautiful? Revisiting Edmund Burke’s ‘Double Aesthetics.’” The Sublime: From Antiquity to the Present. Ed. Timothy M. Costelloe. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2012. Print.

(note the end of the title - ’.” vs. .’”)

Frank - could you fix this? The other citeproc maintainers should make sure this is correct in their implementations.