some clean-up

Sebastian Karcher
Hi everyone,
just wanted to give you a quick heads-up that I did some clean-up of styles tonight, removing clutter in the code in case you're wondering about the many updates.
None of the changes should have any effect on citations produced, but they make the styles cleaner and future edits easier (plus, removing unnecessary and/or redundant code is a good by itself.)

Speficifically I
- removed strip-periods="true" suffix="."  which first removes periods, then adds them.
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/6ab4f44876480e98a1d8ce61eaa42465942527b1

- changed suffix=". " strip-periods="true" to suffix=" "
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/6f8c12b4993ac34e825db6dc8bb66ff5d115e158

- removed text-case="lowercase" from all labels in English styles, where all labels are already lowercase
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/60e3f7d8c53d0df3755bc56c8d9ebdc2a0a95739
- ditto for terms in English
- removed empty affixes and group delimiters
https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/65ca21b750e041d92633e21dec63fe80088c1a0e

Re: some clean-up

Thanks! Some of these changes were long overdue.

(and I don't mean to be too critical, but a pull request is always a
good idea when using regex on a large number of styles, instead of
directly committing to master)

Rintze

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Sebastian Karcher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> just wanted to give you a quick heads-up that I did some clean-up of styles
> tonight, removing clutter in the code in case you're wondering about the
> many updates.
> None of the changes should have any effect on citations produced, but they
> make the styles cleaner and future edits easier (plus, removing unnecessary
> and/or redundant code is a good by itself.)
>
> Speficifically I
> - removed strip-periods="true" suffix="."  which first removes periods, then
> adds them.
> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/6ab4f44876480e98a1d8ce61eaa42465942527b1
>
> - changed suffix=". " strip-periods="true" to suffix=" "
> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/6f8c12b4993ac34e825db6dc8bb66ff5d115e158
>
> - removed text-case="lowercase" from all labels in English styles, where all
> labels are already lowercase
> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/60e3f7d8c53d0df3755bc56c8d9ebdc2a0a95739
> - ditto for terms in English
> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/af2adb5646724c3b6b6c77ba22d7d5ad95358aaa
>
> - removed empty affixes and group delimiters
> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commit/65ca21b750e041d92633e21dec63fe80088c1a0e

Re: some clean-up

Sebastian Karcher
no, you're right, I got carried away in excitement ;).