Quantcast

title casing skip words

12

title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
Hi everyone,
currently, CSL specs define title casing (text-case="title") as uppercasing the first letter of every word that isn't on a list of "stop words".
http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#title-case-conversion
According to the Chicago Manual of Style - which has to the best of my knowledge the most thorough rules for title casing, _all_ propositions should be lowercased

I would like to propose (and Frank & Rintze agree) to bring the specs in line with CMoS on this, i.e. rephrase the rule as "preopositions as well as the following stop words..."

Current citeproc-js behavior is a hybrid, with some additional prepositions, not listed in the specs, already included, but others missing.
On the technical side, while we may miss some prepositions and some words may be ambiguous, I don't think it'd be hard to find & add a list of prepositions to title-casing.

Are there any concerns or objections?

Re: title casing skip words

Bruce D'Arcus-3
Aren't "stop words' just a superset of prepositions?

Seems better to keep the current language, and specify what we mean by the former.

Bruce

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Sebastian Karcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Does CMoS give a comprehensive list of words? If not, we could change
the language in the spec to something more general (e.g. a mention
that we follow CMoS on this topic), and provide a JSON file with all
desired stop-words in either the "schema" or "documentation" repo.
That would be much easier to keep up-to-date.

Rintze

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Aren't "stop words' just a superset of prepositions?
>
> Seems better to keep the current language, and specify what we mean by the
> former.
>
> Bruce
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Sebastian Karcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>> currently, CSL specs define title casing (text-case="title") as
>> uppercasing the first letter of every word that isn't on a list of "stop
>> words".
>>
>> http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#title-case-conversion
>> According to the Chicago Manual of Style - which has to the best of my
>> knowledge the most thorough rules for title casing, _all_ propositions
>> should be lowercased
>>
>> I would like to propose (and Frank & Rintze agree) to bring the specs in
>> line with CMoS on this, i.e. rephrase the rule as "preopositions as well as
>> the following stop words..."
>>
>> Current citeproc-js behavior is a hybrid, with some additional
>> prepositions, not listed in the specs, already included, but others missing.
>> On the technical side, while we may miss some prepositions and some words
>> may be ambiguous, I don't think it'd be hard to find & add a list of
>> prepositions to title-casing.
>>
>> Are there any concerns or objections?
>>
>> Sebastian
>> original discussion on the Zotero forums:
>>

>> https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/30484/uncapitalizing-prepositions/#Item_21

Re: title casing skip words

Bruce D'Arcus-3
I will also add that, looking at this list of english prepositions (is
this correct?), I'm not sure I accept the CMoS description.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_prepositions

Bruce

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does CMoS give a comprehensive list of words? If not, we could change
> the language in the spec to something more general (e.g. a mention
> that we follow CMoS on this topic), and provide a JSON file with all
> desired stop-words in either the "schema" or "documentation" repo.
> That would be much easier to keep up-to-date.
>
> Rintze
>
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Aren't "stop words' just a superset of prepositions?
>>
>> Seems better to keep the current language, and specify what we mean by the
>> former.
>>
>> Bruce
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Sebastian Karcher
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> currently, CSL specs define title casing (text-case="title") as
>>> uppercasing the first letter of every word that isn't on a list of "stop
>>> words".
>>>
>>> http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#title-case-conversion
>>> According to the Chicago Manual of Style - which has to the best of my
>>> knowledge the most thorough rules for title casing, _all_ propositions
>>> should be lowercased
>>>
>>> I would like to propose (and Frank & Rintze agree) to bring the specs in
>>> line with CMoS on this, i.e. rephrase the rule as "preopositions as well as
>>> the following stop words..."
>>>
>>> Current citeproc-js behavior is a hybrid, with some additional
>>> prepositions, not listed in the specs, already included, but others missing.
>>> On the technical side, while we may miss some prepositions and some words
>>> may be ambiguous, I don't think it'd be hard to find & add a list of
>>> prepositions to title-casing.
>>>
>>> Are there any concerns or objections?
>>>
>>> Sebastian
>>> original discussion on the Zotero forums:
>>>

>>> https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/30484/uncapitalizing-prepositions/#Item_21

Re: title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
1. The CMoS doesn't provide a _de_scription of title case, it provides a _pre_scription. If we want correct title case according to CMoS we'll need to follow it. If someone wants to put in the work to find out if other style manuals define other capitalization rules I'd be happy to discuss those, but I've never seen them clearly defined anywhere but in the CMoS (which we also follow otherwise, e.g. by always capitalizing the last word).

2. CMoS does not give a comprehensive list of words. So while on the technical side, prepositions are indeed just a subset of the stop words, I don't think we should prescribe what processors regard as preposition in the specs - not least because that would mean changing the specs every time we notice a preposition we didn't include. I like Rintze's idea of just supplying them in a separate file.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will also add that, looking at this list of english prepositions (is
this correct?), I'm not sure I accept the CMoS description.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_prepositions

Bruce

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does CMoS give a comprehensive list of words? If not, we could change
> the language in the spec to something more general (e.g. a mention
> that we follow CMoS on this topic), and provide a JSON file with all
> desired stop-words in either the "schema" or "documentation" repo.
> That would be much easier to keep up-to-date.
>
> Rintze
>
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Aren't "stop words' just a superset of prepositions?
>>
>> Seems better to keep the current language, and specify what we mean by the
>> former.
>>
>> Bruce
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Sebastian Karcher
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> currently, CSL specs define title casing (text-case="title") as
>>> uppercasing the first letter of every word that isn't on a list of "stop
>>> words".
>>>
>>> http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#title-case-conversion
>>> According to the Chicago Manual of Style - which has to the best of my
>>> knowledge the most thorough rules for title casing, _all_ propositions
>>> should be lowercased
>>>
>>> I would like to propose (and Frank & Rintze agree) to bring the specs in
>>> line with CMoS on this, i.e. rephrase the rule as "preopositions as well as
>>> the following stop words..."
>>>
>>> Current citeproc-js behavior is a hybrid, with some additional
>>> prepositions, not listed in the specs, already included, but others missing.
>>> On the technical side, while we may miss some prepositions and some words
>>> may be ambiguous, I don't think it'd be hard to find & add a list of
>>> prepositions to title-casing.
>>>
>>> Are there any concerns or objections?
>>>
>>> Sebastian
>>> original discussion on the Zotero forums:
>>>

>>> https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/30484/uncapitalizing-prepositions/#Item_21

Re: title casing skip words

Bruce D'Arcus-3
On #1, did you look at the list of prepositions on wikipedia I link
to? If yes, do you really think the CMoS editors expect ALL of those
words to not be capitalized?

I guess my point is "preposition" appears to not be so straightforward
thing, so we should be careful, and that CMoS editors make mistakes
too.

Bruce

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Sebastian Karcher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1. The CMoS doesn't provide a _de_scription of title case, it provides a
> _pre_scription. If we want correct title case according to CMoS we'll need
> to follow it. If someone wants to put in the work to find out if other style
> manuals define other capitalization rules I'd be happy to discuss those, but
> I've never seen them clearly defined anywhere but in the CMoS (which we also
> follow otherwise, e.g. by always capitalizing the last word).
>
> 2. CMoS does not give a comprehensive list of words. So while on the
> technical side, prepositions are indeed just a subset of the stop words, I
> don't think we should prescribe what processors regard as preposition in the
> specs - not least because that would mean changing the specs every time we
> notice a preposition we didn't include. I like Rintze's idea of just
> supplying them in a separate file.
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I will also add that, looking at this list of english prepositions (is
>> this correct?), I'm not sure I accept the CMoS description.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_prepositions
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Does CMoS give a comprehensive list of words? If not, we could change
>> > the language in the spec to something more general (e.g. a mention
>> > that we follow CMoS on this topic), and provide a JSON file with all
>> > desired stop-words in either the "schema" or "documentation" repo.
>> > That would be much easier to keep up-to-date.
>> >
>> > Rintze

Re: title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
yes, I do indeed think so. Here are the full rules from CMoS, followed by some examples.
Notice the explicit "regardless of length" in rule three and the lower casing of "according to" in the 4th example.
As I mention in my original mail, we won't be able to get everything right all the time (see example 5), but that's already the case now.

The conventions of headline style are governed mainly by emphasis and grammar. The following rules, though occasionally arbitrary, are intended primarily to facilitate the consistent styling of titles mentioned or cited in text and notes:

1.     Capitalize the first and last words in titles and subtitles (but see rule 7), and capitalize all other major words (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and some conjunctions—but see rule 4).

   2.  Lowercase the articles the, a, and an.

   3.  Lowercase prepositions, regardless of length, except when they are used adverbially or adjectivally (up in Look Up, down in Turn Down, on in The On Button, to in Come To, etc.) or when they compose part of a Latin expression used adjectivally or adverbially (De Facto, In Vitro, etc.).

    4. Lowercase the conjunctions and, but, for, or, and nor.

   5.  Lowercase to not only as a preposition (rule 3) but also as part of an infinitive (to Run, to Hide, etc.), and lowercase as in any grammatical function.

    6. Lowercase the part of a proper name that would be lowercased in text, such as de or von.

    7. Lowercase the second part of a species name, such as fulvescens in Acipenser fulvescens, even if it is the last word in a title or subtitle.

Mnemonics That Work Are Better Than Rules That Do Not
Singing While You Work
A Little Learning Is a Dangerous Thing (2)
Four Theories concerning the Gospel according to Matthew (2, 3)
Taking Down Names, Spelling Them Out, and Typing Them Up (3, 4)
Tired but Happy (4)
The Editor as Anonymous Assistant (5)
From Homo erectus to Homo sapiens: A Brief History (3, 7)
Defenders of da Vinci Fail the Test: The Name Is Leonardo (2, 3, 6)
Sitting on the Floor in an Empty Room (2, 3), but Turn On, Tune In, and Enjoy (3, 4)
Ten Hectares per Capita, but Landownership and Per Capita Income (3)
Progress in In Vitro Fertilization (3)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1. The CMoS doesn't provide a _de_scription of title case, it provides a
> _pre_scription. If we want correct title case according to CMoS we'll need
> to follow it. If someone wants to put in the work to find out if other style
> manuals define other capitalization rules I'd be happy to discuss those, but
> I've never seen them clearly defined anywhere but in the CMoS (which we also
> follow otherwise, e.g. by always capitalizing the last word).
>
> 2. CMoS does not give a comprehensive list of words. So while on the
> technical side, prepositions are indeed just a subset of the stop words, I
> don't think we should prescribe what processors regard as preposition in the
> specs - not least because that would mean changing the specs every time we
> notice a preposition we didn't include. I like Rintze's idea of just
> supplying them in a separate file.
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I will also add that, looking at this list of english prepositions (is
>> this correct?), I'm not sure I accept the CMoS description.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_prepositions
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Does CMoS give a comprehensive list of words? If not, we could change
>> > the language in the spec to something more general (e.g. a mention
>> > that we follow CMoS on this topic), and provide a JSON file with all
>> > desired stop-words in either the "schema" or "documentation" repo.
>> > That would be much easier to keep up-to-date.
>> >
>> > Rintze

Re: title casing skip words

Bruce D'Arcus-3
Great; thanks.

I still think the notion of a preposition in their rules may not be
entirely clear. But what seemed to be the emerging consensus on how to
deal with this should allow us to get what we need. If it were me, I'd
only include the obvious core prepositions, and examples they include
in CMoS. E.g. I would not include every word or group of words that's
listed in WikiPedia.

I would also leave room for the possibility there are other rules on
this in the future. Certainly that's been the case with things like
shortening number ranges.

BTW, the "stop words" phrase is just something I borrowed from
programming. It may or may not be the best phrase here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_words

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Sebastian Karcher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > need
>> > to follow it. If someone wants to put in the work to find out if other
>> > style
>> > manuals define other capitalization rules I'd be happy to discuss those,
>> > but
>> > I've never seen them clearly defined anywhere but in the CMoS (which we
>> > also
>> > follow otherwise, e.g. by always capitalizing the last word).
>> >
>> > 2. CMoS does not give a comprehensive list of words. So while on the
>> > technical side, prepositions are indeed just a subset of the stop words,
>> > don't think we should prescribe what processors regard as preposition in
>> > the
>> > specs - not least because that would mean changing the specs every time
>> > we
>> > notice a preposition we didn't include. I like Rintze's idea of just

Re: title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
yeah, I'm OK to take some of the more obscure prepositions out and also remove words that can be both prepositions and something else ("regarding", e.g.).

If different rules for title casing emerge, we'll need to add a title-case-rule attribute or so, but let's cross that bridge when we get there. I'll put together a suggested list of prepositions to include.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>> > need
>> > to follow it. If someone wants to put in the work to find out if other
>> > style
>> > manuals define other capitalization rules I'd be happy to discuss those,
>> > but
>> > I've never seen them clearly defined anywhere but in the CMoS (which we
>> > also
>> > follow otherwise, e.g. by always capitalizing the last word).
>> >
>> > 2. CMoS does not give a comprehensive list of words. So while on the
>> > technical side, prepositions are indeed just a subset of the stop words,
>> > don't think we should prescribe what processors regard as preposition in
>> > the
>> > specs - not least because that would mean changing the specs every time
>> > we
>> > notice a preposition we didn't include. I like Rintze's idea of just

Re: title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
ok, here's a suggested list of prepositions. Took the one and two word list from WP, removed anything that I could conceivably see being used in a non-preposition way. Didn't include three words and outdated prepositions (though some of these are already on the outdated side of things).
https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>> > need
>> > to follow it. If someone wants to put in the work to find out if other
>> > style
>> > manuals define other capitalization rules I'd be happy to discuss those,
>> > but
>> > I've never seen them clearly defined anywhere but in the CMoS (which we
>> > also
>> > follow otherwise, e.g. by always capitalizing the last word).
>> >
>> > 2. CMoS does not give a comprehensive list of words. So while on the
>> > technical side, prepositions are indeed just a subset of the stop words,
>> > don't think we should prescribe what processors regard as preposition in
>> > the
>> > specs - not least because that would mean changing the specs every time
>> > we
>> > notice a preposition we didn't include. I like Rintze's idea of just

Re: title casing skip words

What's "WP"? Should I go ahead and store these words in a JSON file in
the "documentation" repository, e.g. in a file "prepositions.json"?

Rintze

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM, Sebastian Karcher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok, here's a suggested list of prepositions. Took the one and two word list
> from WP, removed anything that I could conceivably see being used in a
> non-preposition way. Didn't include three words and outdated prepositions
> (though some of these are already on the outdated side of things).
> https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169
>

> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Sebastian Karcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> yeah, I'm OK to take some of the more obscure prepositions out and also
>> remove words that can be both prepositions and something else ("regarding",
>> e.g.).
>>
>> If different rules for title casing emerge, we'll need to add a
>> title-case-rule attribute or so, but let's cross that bridge when we get
>> there. I'll put together a suggested list of prepositions to include.
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great; thanks.
>>>
>>> I still think the notion of a preposition in their rules may not be
>>> entirely clear. But what seemed to be the emerging consensus on how to
>>> deal with this should allow us to get what we need. If it were me, I'd
>>> only include the obvious core prepositions, and examples they include
>>> in CMoS. E.g. I would not include every word or group of words that's
>>> listed in WikiPedia.
>>>
>>> I would also leave room for the possibility there are other rules on
>>> this in the future. Certainly that's been the case with things like
>>> shortening number ranges.
>>>
>>> BTW, the "stop words" phrase is just something I borrowed from
>>> programming. It may or may not be the best phrase here.
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_words

>> Sebastian Karcher
>> Ph.D. Candidate
>> Department of Political Science
>> Northwestern University

Re: title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
this is the list from Wikipedia (WP) narrowed down manually by me as described.
If there are not objections against the list itself, yes, putting these in the documentation as JSON sounds good.
Frank and other proc maintainers - any issues/wishes for implementing this?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> ok, here's a suggested list of prepositions. Took the one and two word list
> from WP, removed anything that I could conceivably see being used in a
> non-preposition way. Didn't include three words and outdated prepositions
> (though some of these are already on the outdated side of things).
> https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169
>

> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Sebastian Karcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> yeah, I'm OK to take some of the more obscure prepositions out and also
>> remove words that can be both prepositions and something else ("regarding",
>> e.g.).
>>
>> If different rules for title casing emerge, we'll need to add a
>> title-case-rule attribute or so, but let's cross that bridge when we get
>> there. I'll put together a suggested list of prepositions to include.
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great; thanks.
>>>
>>> I still think the notion of a preposition in their rules may not be
>>> entirely clear. But what seemed to be the emerging consensus on how to
>>> deal with this should allow us to get what we need. If it were me, I'd
>>> only include the obvious core prepositions, and examples they include
>>> in CMoS. E.g. I would not include every word or group of words that's
>>> listed in WikiPedia.
>>>
>>> I would also leave room for the possibility there are other rules on
>>> this in the future. Certainly that's been the case with things like
>>> shortening number ranges.
>>>
>>> BTW, the "stop words" phrase is just something I borrowed from
>>> programming. It may or may not be the best phrase here.
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_words

>> Sebastian Karcher
>> Ph.D. Candidate
>> Department of Political Science
>> Northwestern University

Re: title casing skip words

resending without all the thread at the bottom - sourceforge is complaining
this is the list from Wikipedia (WP) narrowed down manually by me as described.
If there are not objections against the list itself, yes, putting these in the documentation as JSON sounds good.
Frank and other proc maintainers - any issues/wishes for implementing this?

Re: title casing skip words

Bruce D'Arcus-3
I will only say that I worry that this is a longer list than I'd like, and that it may result in a fair bit of complaining from users, who get unexpected results.

Am not sure I'm right, and I don't feel really strong about this; just sayin'.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Sebastian Karcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
resending without all the thread at the bottom - sourceforge is complaining
this is the list from Wikipedia (WP) narrowed down manually by me as described.
If there are not objections against the list itself, yes, putting these in the documentation as JSON sounds good.
Frank and other proc maintainers - any issues/wishes for implementing this?

Re: title casing skip words

I'm fine with implementing the new list in citeproc-js. I'll wait
until the JSON file is ready, but it's not problem to set up.

Frank

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Sebastian Karcher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> this is the list from Wikipedia (WP) narrowed down manually by me as
> described.
> If there are not objections against the list itself, yes, putting these in
> the documentation as JSON sounds good.
> Frank and other proc maintainers - any issues/wishes for implementing this?
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> What's "WP"? Should I go ahead and store these words in a JSON file in
>> the "documentation" repository, e.g. in a file "prepositions.json"?
>>
>> Rintze
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM, Sebastian Karcher
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > ok, here's a suggested list of prepositions. Took the one and two word
>> > list
>> > from WP, removed anything that I could conceivably see being used in a
>> > non-preposition way. Didn't include three words and outdated
>> > prepositions
>> > (though some of these are already on the outdated side of things).
>> > https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169

>> > --
>> > Sebastian Karcher
>> > Ph.D. Candidate
>> > Department of Political Science
>> > Northwestern University

Re: title casing skip words

fbennett
I've set up citeproc-js to use the new list, and installed the new
version in the Zotero CSL processor patch plugin. I've added a few
terms that seemed to be missing, mentioned here:

    https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169

It would be great if anyone has time to try it out and see if there
are any obvious problems. Here's the plugin:

  http://gsl-nagoya-u.net/http/pub/zotero-processor.xpi

Frank

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm fine with implementing the new list in citeproc-js. I'll wait
> until the JSON file is ready, but it's not problem to set up.
>
> Frank
>
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Sebastian Karcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> this is the list from Wikipedia (WP) narrowed down manually by me as
>> described.
>> If there are not objections against the list itself, yes, putting these in
>> the documentation as JSON sounds good.
>> Frank and other proc maintainers - any issues/wishes for implementing this?
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> What's "WP"? Should I go ahead and store these words in a JSON file in
>>> the "documentation" repository, e.g. in a file "prepositions.json"?
>>>
>>> Rintze

>> Sebastian Karcher
>> Ph.D. Candidate
>> Department of Political Science
>> Northwestern University

Re: title casing skip words

Sebastian Karcher
where is the list you're using? We never created the JSON file, did we?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've set up citeproc-js to use the new list, and installed the new
version in the Zotero CSL processor patch plugin. I've added a few
terms that seemed to be missing, mentioned here:

    https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169

It would be great if anyone has time to try it out and see if there
are any obvious problems. Here's the plugin:

  http://gsl-nagoya-u.net/http/pub/zotero-processor.xpi

Frank

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Frank Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm fine with implementing the new list in citeproc-js. I'll wait
> until the JSON file is ready, but it's not problem to set up.
>
> Frank
>
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Sebastian Karcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> this is the list from Wikipedia (WP) narrowed down manually by me as
>> described.
>> If there are not objections against the list itself, yes, putting these in
>> the documentation as JSON sounds good.
>> Frank and other proc maintainers - any issues/wishes for implementing this?
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Rintze Zelle <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> What's "WP"? Should I go ahead and store these words in a JSON file in
>>> the "documentation" repository, e.g. in a file "prepositions.json"?
>>>
>>> Rintze

>> Sebastian Karcher
>> Ph.D. Candidate
>> Department of Political Science
>> Northwestern University

Re: title casing skip words

fbennett
I linked it in the last mail -- it's the gist you posted earlier in
the discussion.

  https://gist.github.com/adam3smith/6326169

There's no JSON file as far as I know, but I wanted to refactor the
title case code anyway, so I went ahead and used your draft list. The
changes aren't yet live in Zotero or MLZ, it's just out for testing so
far.

Frank

12